WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS FOR THE SUPPLY OF GOODS AND SERVICES
In the event of a defect, the consumer has rights under the laws of the Republic of Poland and the terms of the STS warranty policy.
The elimination of defects upon occurrence of a warranty event shall be free of charge for the buyer.
The warranty does not exclude, limit or suspend the buyer's rights arising from the provisions of the warranty for defects of the goods sold.
STS WARRANTY POLICY:
STS company, located at Warszawa 03-120 ul. Modlińska 209 (hereinafter referred to as the supplier), provides warranty for repairs themselves as well as the spare parts that have been replaced during the repair process, in accordance with this provision.
This warranty applies to the territory of the Republic of Poland.
Field of application and operating conditions
The warranty applies only to repaired parts purchased by the buyer from the supplier, which are installed on the vehicle for normal operation on the roads. The warranty is excluded for vehicles which are used on race tracks or have undergone technical modifications that do not comply with the standard equipment, as well as for commercial vehicles.
The supplier ensures that the parts repaired by the buyer do not have manufacturing defects. The standard is the normal condition of the unit for comparable products.
In the event of a warranty claim, the seller shall, at his or her own discretion and expense, remedy any defects by repairing or supplying new or repaired parts. If this is not possible, the seller will refund the purchase price.
Replaced parts become the property of the supplier.
Customers using refurbished parts purchased from the supplier in a taxi are provided with a warranty for a period of six months (or mileage up to 200,000 km) from the moment of handing over the recovered part to the customer.
In all other cases, the warranty period is two (2) years from the date the repaired part purchased from the supplier is delivered to the buyer.
Special requirements for the warranty on power steering pumps and HPS racks, EPS racks:
In connection with the purchase of power steering pumps and steering mechanism, the seller has informed the buyer of the requirements which must be complied with when installing the purchased power steering pumps and steering racks. Compliance with these instructions and confirmation of this, is a prerequisite for obtaining the warranty. In particular, the following must be observed:
For Hydraulic Power Steering Racks:
- Installation of a steering rack with hydraulic power.
In order to qualify for the steering rack warranty, the following requirements must be met when installing a steering mechanism purchased from a supplier:
- Installation must be carried out in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's instructions.
- The steering rack and HPS pump must be replaced at the same time if: the vehicle has a mileage of 110,000 or more, the hydraulic fluid has leaked below the minimum level and the pump has been operated with an incomplete system, there are wear products (chips) in the system.
- Ensure that the steering rack is installed without undue tension. During installation, tension may build up between the steering rods, mounting brackets and U-joint, which can lead to unstable steering operation later on.
- When installing the steering mechanism, the seals on the supply and return lines to and from the steering mechanism must be replaced.
- When installing a new steering mechanism, new tie rod ends must be installed if they have not been replaced within the last 3 months.
- If the buyer purchases the steering mechanism without tie rods or changes the rods himself, it is necessary to ensure that the tie rod is not damaged during the installation of the steering rod. For this purpose, the installation mechanism must be provided with protective jaws. Only the permissible torque may be used. Some designs require wheel spacers to be fitted to the ends of the tie rods, which are not fitted to a steering rack without tie rods. If not fitted, the steering rack will fail and the warranty will be void.
- Opening the collar mount is equivalent to opening the steering mechanism. Opening the steering mechanism will immediately invalidate the warranty.
- After installation, it is imperative that the camber is corrected.
- When fitting the dust covers, it is imperative that the manufacturer's recommended oil seals are used. The oil seals must be installed according to the manufacturer's instructions in order to prevent water from entering the middle of the steering mechanism. The presence of rust inside the mechanism will invalidate the warranty.
- Cleaning the steering system.
After removing the old steering mechanism, the entire hydraulic system must be cleaned with at least 2 litres of manufacturer's approved hydraulic oil. The washing must also include the expansion tank. In some cases the tank must be replaced, or it must be completely dismantled and washed in specialized facilities in order to get rid of all dirt and chips. If this is not done, dirt will enter the system and cause premature failure. The supply and return hoses must cleaned as thoroughly as the rest of the system.
- Filling up of hydraulic oil and bleeding the air from steering system
Once the steering mechanism has been installed and the system cleaned, the system should be filled with hydraulic oil approved by the vehicle manufacturer. Please follow the manufacturer's instructions, using oil not approved by the manufacturer may result in malfunction.
- After filling the expansion tank, the system should be pumped according to the manufacturer's instructions. Ensure that the fluid does not drop below the level and that the pump never runs dry or sucks air.
For hydraulic and electric power steering pumps
- Installation must be carried out in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's specifications
- Clean the steering system.
The system must be cleaned with at least 2 litres of manufacturer's approved hydraulic oil. The expansion tank must also be cleaned. In some cases the tank must be replaced, or it must be completely dismantled and washed in specialized facilities in order to get rid of all dirt and chips. If this is not done, dirt will enter the system and result in a loss of oil in the system. The fluid inlet and outlet hoses must be cleaned as thoroughly as the rest of the system and new sealing connections fitted.
- Filling up the hydraulic oil and bleeding the air from steering system
After the hydraulic power steering pump has been installed and the system has been cleaned, the system must be filled with hydraulic oil approved by the vehicle manufacturer. Please follow the manufacturer's instructions, using oil not approved by the manufacturer may result in malfunction.
- After filling the expansion tank, the system should be pumped according to the manufacturer's instructions. Ensure liquid does not drop below level and pump never runs dry or sucks in air
For electric power steering racks
- Installation of a steering rack with electric power
In order to qualify for the steering rack warranty, the following requirements must be met when installing a steering rack purchased from a supplier:
The installation must be carried out in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's specifications. It is strictly forbidden to apply force to the steering rack spool when installing the steering rack, and no percussion tools may be used. Any deformation of the plastic covers, electric drive housing or other steering gear components will invalidate the warranty.
Before fitting the connectors, they must be cleaned and checked for voltage.
When fitting connectors to the steering gear, check that the seals are in place and in good condition. All connectors must be filled with silicone to prevent moisture from entering the connector. If the connectors contain corrosion, the warranty is void.
- If you purchase the steering mechanism without steering rods or change the rods yourself, you must ensure that the steering rod is not damaged during the installation of the rods. For this purpose, the installation mechanism must be provided with protective jaws. Only the permissible torque may be used.
- Opening the collar mount is equivalent to opening the steering mechanism. Opening the steering mechanism will immediately void the warranty.
- Adaptation of the steering mechanism
When adapting the steering mechanism, only original software should be used. It is strictly forbidden to change the software settings of the steering rack control unit. Changing the settings will invalidate the warranty.
- The VIN number may only be assigned to the steering mechanism at an authorised workshop of the manufacturer, with supporting documents. Some steering mechanisms cannot be linked to the VIN and this does not constitute a warranty claim. All binding operations should only be carried out on external battery power, otherwise the steering rack control unit will fail and will invalidate the warranty.
- All faults must be cleared after installation
- Do not select the units yourself, consult our specialists.
Procedure for applying for a guarantee
If the test report shows that the conditions for the claim under warranty are not fulfilled (hereafter: "negative test report"), the seller will inform the buyer and send a negative test report.
If the seller sends substitute goods (see 7c), the price of the goods, delivery and packaging will not be refunded to the buyer and shall remain with the seller. The seller shall return the unit for which the claim has been made to the buyer in the condition in which it was received by the seller for testing if the buyer so requests. If the buyer does not request the return of the unit within 1 week of receiving the "test report", the unit will be discarded. The unit is returned to the address indicated in the warranty statement.
The customer can instruct the seller to repair the unit, in this case the repair will be carried out within 7 working days, after full payment for the service.
If the customer refuses the repair and demands the return of the unit, the unit is sent at the client’s expense.
- If warranty claim is confirmed
In case of confirmation of warranty claim, the seller chooses:
- Replace the product (hereinafter option 1)
- Have the restored part repaired by the seller (hereinafter option 2)
- If neither the first nor the second option can be fulfilled, refund the price of the purchased part (hereinafter option 3)
Option 1: Replacement delivery
Upon confirmation of the warranty claim, the seller offers the buyer replacement delivery if such is available. In this case, the seller shall pay for the delivery.
If the substitute product has already been delivered to the buyer (see 6d), the seller will immediately reimburse the payments made by the buyer (shipping, product costs, packaging) as soon as the buyer has provided the bank details for payment.
The part sent under warranty becomes the property of the seller.
Option 2 Repair of reconditioned part under warranty
If it is not possible to send a replacement part, the seller will repair the reconditioned part, if the repair is possible. The seller will cover the costs of shipment, after receiving the bank details.
Costs of repair, packing and shipping are the responsibility of the seller.
Option 3. Reimbursement of purchase price
If neither replacement delivery nor repair (of the reconditioned part sent by the buyer) is possible and there is a warranty claim, the seller will refund the purchase price paid for the goods and the shipping costs incurred by the buyer under the approved warranty conditions.
The refund will be given as soon as the buyer provides the bank details to the seller.
The part sent under warranty becomes the property of the seller.
This warranty does not cover other customer claims, in particular:
- Compensation for removal and installation
- Downtime of the vehicle
- Downtime of the lifting mechanism
- Technical fluids and parts
- Other claims